Sunday, August 23, 2009

Stained Chimney Reputation

Saw this sign exiting the highway onto Broadway. It's, what appears to be, one of Ambassador Painters' yard signs that a disgruntled customer spray-painted on an orange warning triangle and affixed an 8.5"xll" sheet of paper that reads "STAINED MY CHIMNEY!"

I love seeing stuff like this. Guerrilla marketing from the consumer -- I mean, I don't think ad agencies can come up with this stuff! Unless an agency did(for one of Ambassador Paintings' direct competitors), in which case, that's really smart! In either case, it's awesome!

The next time I need my house painted, I know just who not to call. And if enough people have that same experience, do you think they'll survive for long? I don't. Good luck Ambassador, and I hope your PR dept is taking notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment